Revcon Forums

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum site will be shut down & deleted on 4/1/2024. Thanks for 11 years of support to the Revcon community!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:12 pm 

This is the time of year where I start to tinker on the '72 250D. I need to finish up a few things so I can start on other stuff on the coach.

The roof leak:
I've been trying to track down a roof leak for a few years, now. I've made it considerably less, but it's still there. The plan this year is to put Eternabond over the end cap to aluminum joint. Since I'm not likely to use the TV antenna, I want to put a plate over that and seal it up so it's not a leak. I wonder if water's getting into the screw holes holding the rain gutter? I'll know more about that later.

The cockpit floor:
No, it's still not done yet. I've got to finish that improvement, and make new engine cover/hatches.

Seat Mounts:
It's time I got serious about the drivers pedestal. It's too far to the right. It was made that way. The brake pedal is too far to the left. These have to be fixed.

More later

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:46 pm 

If you have not replaced the marker lights, I would suggest looking there first. The marker lights on my '83 just crumbled when I removed them. A long term leak disappeared once they were replaced. I replaced them with LED, Which look much better than original. I always had issues with the originals rusting and not working. That was close to ten years ago. LEDs have been problem free.

For the seat pedestal, is the hole pattern for the mounting bolts square? It may be able to be flipped around if the post is not in the center.

The Flying Fortress
'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD
502 w/Howell/GM 16197427 ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows,
4L85E 4 speed, KoniFSD,
Yes it is SOLD

FMCA F298817

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:25 am 

Hoping for some help...I bought a 72 REVCON 250T back in May and have "enjoyed" fixing her up. My last tribulation is the exhaust, I took both manifolds off to fix gasket leaks and discovered both manifolds were cracked, no big surprise for motorhome. I couldn't find good manifolds (and I really wanted headers, don't tell my wife), so I bought the Doug Thorleys headers listed for a 73 GMC motorhome, guess what they don't fit. Guess the Tornado frame is different, Left its Frame just hind wheel and the right hits the shock support. I think I can make them work by shimming the motor mounts up 3/4 to 1".
1) any issues with this approach?
2) does anyone make a header that fits an early Revcon?

Thanks For any help
Ken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:35 am 

I'm pretty sure there isn't any headers made for the Olds version. I've heard someone who installed a set of shorties made for the Toro, but that is a distant memory.

You asked about raising the motor mount. I'm not sure, as its been a really long time since I've seen a flat nose underneath, but I'm not sure what that would do to the rest of the drivetrain.

The Flying Fortress
'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD
502 w/Howell/GM 16197427 ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows,
4L85E 4 speed, KoniFSD,
Yes it is SOLD

FMCA F298817