Revcon Forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner support system for the Revcon Motorcoach
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:19 am 

Well, the Florida sun finally got to my coolant reservoir. Went out to start the coach last week and found that the reservoir split in the side closest to the grill. Afternoon sun baked it and finally the 25 year-old plastic gave up.

Quick order from Jegs for $9.99 shipped, a few days wait along with a little work today, and I was back in business. Swapped out the bottle & connected it, secured it back, filled it 50% full with antifreeze, and ran the coach through a start/run cycle to equalize it up.....

It's a Dorman universal bottle (at least for my 89) so a variety of bottles will fit.

Eric

Attachment:
bottle small.jpg
bottle small.jpg [ 87.3 KiB | Viewed 9572 times ]

System Manager and your tourguide for the day. 1989 Revcon 31' MB #2752. Coach renovated between 2006-2009. 454 with .030 overbore, Doug Thorley headers, Federal Model 58 Traffic Blaster, Voyager backing camera system, more mods shortly forthcoming.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:06 pm 

I had a similar problem with my C10 pickup. I chose to use the Dorman tank with the holder so I could relocate it. You've got to love the simplicity.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ESXJEU/ref ... 1_ST1_dp_1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:02 am 

I had someone ask me what the big shiny silver dome was in the bottom right of the pic I posted. That is a Federal Signal Model 58 "Traffic Blaster" public-safety grade electric horn. It was marketed as a alternative for ambulances and fire trucks that didn't have air systems and needed a loud horn (I.E. think Grover Stuttertone volume). I've had that particular horn for years and decided about 5 years ago to mount it on the Revcon. It works good, but the roof air horn is still pretty effective. One of these days when I get ambitious I'll change the roof horn out to a Nathan P3 or something like that.

I've got a Viair high-volume compressor and a medium size tank (changed all the original air system stuff out years ago) so I've got good air capability, I just have to change out one quick disconnect for my air hose coupling I use for tires/air tools. The coupling is fine, the little steel ball bearings rust and trash out the quick disconnect so you end up replacing it when your other air fitting won't lock in. Cheap Lowe's air fitting...

System Manager and your tourguide for the day. 1989 Revcon 31' MB #2752. Coach renovated between 2006-2009. 454 with .030 overbore, Doug Thorley headers, Federal Model 58 Traffic Blaster, Voyager backing camera system, more mods shortly forthcoming.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:05 pm 

Hi Eric
I was reading through all the posts in Revcon _courious pertaining to the wide body slant nose and I was reading way back in 2007 when you had your motorhome redone and I was following Stan with his 88 . When the site went funky You were having problems with your harmonic balancer if I remember correctly . How has your motorhome been since and what troubles have you had ? I have an 87 slant nose I had shipped up from Alabama . Previous owner was a man named Howard Mills.I have some electrical issues I'm working through .It runs great I have a clunk when I put it in gear which I believe to be a universal joint.

87 Slantnose 31'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:24 am 

So far, knock on wood, it's been OK. I had to replace one air vent that UV'd out and leaked a little, that was the one above the bathroom. The kitchen vent has been fine so far. Windshield seals are pretty well shot but for the most part they're still holding, a few drips if a good rainstorm comes through but not enough to worry about yet. I have to replace the house batteries soon, my charger boiled the two golf cart batteries I had in there a while back, so I have one fairly large cell site backup battery in there for the time being. It doesn't have enough oomph to start the generator on it's own (yep, it's older) so I start the motor first, bridge the two with the momentary switch, start the generator, and then kill the coach motor. I'll probably just break down and purchase a flooded 8D soon, just have been pretty slow on projects lately.

But I don't think that was me with the harmonic balancer trouble, at least if it was I don't remember it without going through messages. 6 years is a long time....

Eric