Revcon Forums

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum site will be shut down & deleted on 4/1/2024. Thanks for 11 years of support to the Revcon community!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1983 King 33
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:25 pm 

I have a 1983 King that purchased from a less than honest seller. About 20, 000 original miles. I have had all the drive train, brakes, and hotel systems gone through. Very low hours on generator. It needs paint and the engine main seal leaks. I haven't tried any kind of stop leak yet but that and regular dinosaur oil (instead of thin synthetic) may take care of it. A new windshield would also be a good idea. I now have about $24k invested but no longer have the energy to use it or continue restoration. I would like $10k but any reasonable offers considered. Coach is located in Atlanta, GA and could be driven most anywhere.
Keith Hussey
404-539-5387 or manx69@epbfi.com

Post subject: Re: 1983 King 33
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:29 pm 

Just so folks know, the rear seal can be replaced without pulling the engine. One unbolts the engine mounts and jacks the engine up so the trans is pressed tight against the floor. This allows you to drop the pan down enough to unbolt the oil pump. Once the oil pump is unbolted, the pan can be slid out, which allows access to the rear main seal so it can be replaced. You have to jack really hard to get the engine high enough to get the pan off, but it will come off without pulling the engine or dropping the diff. I've done it.

The Flying Fortress
'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD
502 w/Howell/GM 16197427 ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows,
4L85E 4 speed, KoniFSD,
Yes it is SOLD

FMCA F298817

Post subject: Re: 1983 King 33
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:27 pm 

Just an update. I would still like to sell this coach and will accept most any offer. Divorce forces sale and I need it gone soon.