Revcon Forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner support system for the Revcon Motorcoach
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Construction documents
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:21 am 

Hey I just stumbled on something interesting. All documents in the Peter Bryant collection were donated to the Henry Ford Museum. A PDF description exists here:
https://www.thehenryford.org/collection ... 012-25.pdf

There is apparently 3 folders containing information from Revcon, as well as another drawing roll labeled Motorhome. It looks like you can write them and ask for access. If I still had my coach, I'd be tempted to see if they would let me transfer those docs and publish them.

The Flying Fortress
'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD
502 w/Howell/GM 16197427 ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows,
4L85E 4 speed, KoniFSD,
Yes it is SOLD

FMCA F298817

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:31 pm 

Dave,

Very good find. We may want to do that if someone close to Michigan can take the drive & do the research.... and I'll tell you why. Now that Marty has passed, he kept a lot of proprietary knowledge in his brain & mailed out some products in unmarked white boxes (like tie rod ends for example). Now, as far as I know the outer tie rod ends were about the only thing that we didn't have an identified source for. Rick Herbst a while back told me that we should look to the H1 Hummer for sources for any unidentified mystery parts as that's where a lot of the front end stuff came from. But, I can't verify this information.

Since Peter did the front end design work, perhaps in his private files he had sourcing information for these parts.

Another one years back that I still kick myself in the butt for.... I had identified the architectural company that had produced engineering drawings for Revcon, they were out in CA. I so badly wanted to fly out there and see what they had in archive files, however I didn't get the vacation time I wanted and ended up misplacing the information on the company's name. Now their information is gone from the 'net and we'll never know what they had archived.... grrrr....

Eric

System Manager and your tourguide for the day. 1989 Revcon 31' MB #2752. Coach renovated between 2006-2009. 454 with .030 overbore, Doug Thorley headers, Federal Model 58 Traffic Blaster, Voyager backing camera system, more mods shortly forthcoming.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:56 pm 

wayback machine might work if you have the company name

https://archive.org/web/

I know I was able to retrieve some pages relevant to Revcon.

454 Quadrajet Dexter Rear Axles Stock Drivetrain
16.5 950x16 x 6
Soon to be 225-75R16 on GMC 8 Lug Wheels