Revcon Forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner support system for the Revcon Motorcoach
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:11 pm 

New to this forum. I just spent 15 months fully renovating a basket case 250 DT.

We named him Flatnose Frank (for the Frankenstein mishmash of parts and his return to life). I photo-documented the work on Flickr.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskU8RN6W

Note there was almost NOTHING worth saving but a solid shell and a healthy motor & trans. Brakes and suspension were also fair. The inside was torn apart by transients, partially gutted, filled with trash and junk, and absolutely filthy and rotten. So everything was gutted down to the frame and rebuilt from scratch. There were a very few exceptions, like, thankfully, the rear bath fiberglass insert and two original interior lights. Other than that, all the appliances, wiring, tanks, plumbing, gauges, floors, paint, etc. are now brand new and as state-of-the art as I could afford.

We took him overnight for the first trip last weekend.

Attachments:
Frank1.jpg
Frank1.jpg [ 85.23 KiB | Viewed 868 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:00 pm 

Looks amazing Brad, INCREDIBLE job!!!!!

Cheers - David

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:52 am 

Just, wow. Inspiring.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:35 am 

First, I want to say how amazed I was at your journey—im So glad you documented it so thoroughly. Can you give me specifics on the custom wheels? We have our ‘73 250 in the shop and rather than buy original tires I’d sure like to upgrade as you did. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:52 pm 

I was inspired-our 1973 250 is in the shop for R&R, it's in very good shape considering what you are going through. I was so inspired by your finished product, I called the folks at American Specialty Wheels and ordered a set for our rig. The thought of ever-decreasing tire supply in connection with the fact that merely using an RV implicates being far from home, made it a no-brainer! I appear to be number 4 or 5 in this trend.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:59 am 

Robertscaudle wrote:
I was inspired-our 1973 250 is in the shop for R&R, it's in very good shape considering what you are going through. I was so inspired by your finished product, I called the folks at American Specialty Wheels and ordered a set for our rig. The thought of ever-decreasing tire supply in connection with the fact that merely using an RV implicates being far from home, made it a no-brainer! I appear to be number 4 or 5 in this trend.

Thanks!

Thanks for the good words. It was a project of a lifetime. Now starting to really enjoy it (and also still working out some bugs).

I'll have to call Juan at American Specialty and see how he's doing. He always calls me "Mr. Brad:" (first name) :D . Working out the wheel issue was one of the more challenging and rewarding aspects of the project. Glad that others have benefited! The #1 prototype is my spare. It's a little rough :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:47 am 

I can’t wait to get ours. I can imagine what a challenge to get the bugs worked out of that project!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:35 am 

Absolutely spectacular transformation. Your documentation is an inspiration. Congratulations and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Wally World Express 2.0
1989 Revcon Slant Nose 34 (#2750)
GM High Torque 502 w/ Weiand Supercharger